Sunday, September 27, 2009

"From failing we learn. From success...not so much."

Meet the Robinsons was on Disney the other night.  When I first saw this scene, it struck me.  I mean, could-have-been-an-emotional-epic-like-Forrest-Gump-or-Braveheart struck me.  K, I went too far.  Not Braveheart, but you get the idea.  I am a success-aholic and didn't realize it until I watched this clip and felt my heart jump at the idea that failure might bring about some good.  I know with my brain that good can come of failure if we let God do what He does, but I need to learn that with my heart.  I love to succeed and celebrate the wins, but there's much to be gained from learning what we can from failures.  So, when I failed big time today, I apologized.  I apologized some more, and then I contemplated apologizing again.  I also watched this clip and celebrated the fact that "from failing we learn. From success...not so much."  

And I left the part with the frog in just because it makes me laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment